Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wine Flights



We went out to dinner last night. We went to Sarah Street Grill, our favorite restaurant. We had a gift card. -Thanks again Kait, Kevin and Josh.- We went last night because Tuesday night is wine night there. It's 10% off a bottle or 1/2 price wine flights. I opted for the wine flights. --Wine flights are a few ounces of a few different wines.--
First I had the white wine flight.
The 3 whites were Menage a Trois, Napa Cellars Sauvignon Blanc and Glen Carlou Chardonnay. Menage a Trois is a white table wine and it was nice, crisp and fruity. The Sauvignon Blanc was my favorite. It was a nice dry white. I was surprised by the chardonnay, usually I don't like it. This one was not to buttery, it had a nice nutty flavor and yummy sweetness.

Next I tried the red flight.
The 3 reds were Gorrebusto Tempranillo, Blackstone Zinfandel and Hayman & Hill Cabernet Sauvignon. I wasn't sure that I would like all the reds, but at half price I was willing to try it out. I tried the Zinfandel first because I thought I wouldn't like it. But I did. It wasn't too dry but just dry enough. The Tempranillo was a spicy not too dry wine. I knew I'd like the Cabernet because it's my favorite. It was perfect. Dry, nutty and spicy all at once.

I guess it's the spice and the dryness that draws me to red wines but I know when I want something sweet, white wine is always there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment