Monday, January 24, 2011

New Job


 I went to talk to Carol today, at Little Discoveries. She hired me!

I am an assistant teacher in the older 2 year old room. I work in the afternoon, from 2:30-6:30. Plus sub hours if anyone calls out. I start tomorrow. I'm excited and happy and not so nervous, these are the kids I was with last week.
Daycare really is a fun place to work. I can't wait until I'm all settled in. This is gonna be great!

Tonight I made ham, bean and potato soup. I drank a glass of my "comfort" wine, Corbett Canyon Cabernet Sauvignon. Actually almost any Cabernet will do. It doesn't matter if I'm celebrating, like today, or sad. Cabernet makes a great wine.
Tomorrow I'm gonna brown some ground turkey and make chili in the crock pot before I leave for work. I love when dinner is ready when I get home. Crock pots are awesome. Wednesday I'll make chicken in it. Thursday it's burgers on the George Foreman grill. Friday I'm gonna make chicken parmesan and spaghetti.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Congrats again on the job! Just wanted you to know I saw this t-shirt online last night and I thought it'd be perfect for the "Queenie of Wine." Lemme know what you think!

    http://www.snorgtees.com/wine-party-hat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job! Hope you had a good first day!

    I love my crockpot. I need to use it more because it's SO convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies!!

    haha. Mary that's kinda cute.

    ReplyDelete