Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Fondue

Girl's night in was good, as usual. We drank wine, exchanged gifts, ate food and laughed a lot! I love those ladies.

Dana, my Secret Santa,  got me a Fondue Pot. Joe and I are trying it out tonight. I need to add dry white wine to the cheese sauce and that will be the Riesling that was never opened Friday night. I only need a half a cup, so I'll be able to drink some with dinner.

Today I went shopping for the things I need to make the fondue dips. I bought oil and meat, cheese and bread, and chocolate with strawberries, bananas, rice krispy treats for dipping. I'm so excited.

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget you have to add cream to the chocolate...the first time we used ours Michael didn't know that and it was a burnt mess. It was so funny and sweet, but seriously gross and clumpy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow recipes to a T. I'm always afraid to mess things up. Thank God for the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm worried about the hot oil not cooking the meat. And also about the cheese recipe.

    ReplyDelete