Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!




My tradition is to make corned beef and cabbage. This year, I've given up red meat for Lent. I'm cooking cabbage, potatoes and carrots in beer. My husband is having sausage & onions (in beer) and mac and cheese. He's not a huge fan of cabbage or potatoes. Or corned beef for that matter.

I'm drinking a Liberty Creek Cabernet Sauvignon. It's good. Nice, dry and an overall good Cabernet. It should go well with the meal. It's good by itself also.

Since we're not drinking green beer, I am drinking out of a green wine glass. Joe will most likely have a tequila and oj. Cheers!!!!

Joe has off tomorrow and it's gonna be about 60 degrees. He wants to fish and we may also hike and have a picnic.

Tomorrow night I'm having Girl's Night In at my house. I bought 2 bottles of Apothic Red Blend (see last blog)..Donna and Lynann are coming. I also bought blue tortilla chips, pita chips, hummus and cheese dip.

1 comment:

  1. I love Apothic....I might have to forgo going out tomorrow and have a night in with the hubby and a bottle or 2 of it! :)

    ReplyDelete